Gorilla Trekking Rules & Regulations – Volcanoes National Park Rwanda
Gorilla Trekking Rules and regulations in Volcanoes National Park Rwanda are worth following as you watch the rare species of Mountain Gorillas in their natural forest vegetation habitat.
Trekking Mountain Gorillas is a very exceptional adventure to do in Volcanoes National Park Rwanda. The Park is located in the Ruhengeri District of Rwanda in Musanze offering amazing Gorilla Trekking Adventures to all travelers from all over the globe visiting Rwanda.
Gorilla Trekking is the most exciting safari activity carried out in the park and this introduces you to watch the rare species of Mountain Gorillas in their natural forest vegetation habitat in Rwanda.
Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations
When you meet the primates for the time, you will discover that the male gorillas are two times bigger than the female ones at about 6 feet tall and between 350 and 500 pounds. They mostly feed on afro-montane vegetation, each day eating around 75 pounds with large quantities of bamboo shoots, roots, flowers, fruits, and leaves. They have long muscular arms and the silverbacks (male gorillas) may stretch to 7 feet.
Trekkers always are briefed about rules and regulations to follow when trekking the mountain gorillas, and these include:
- Maximum of eight visitors to a habituated gorilla family.
- You should keep your voice low when in the forest.
- Do not throw rubbish in the park.
- Observe a respectable distance of 7 meters from the gorillas.
- Switch off your flash photography.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when you’re near the gorillas.
- Do not touch them. You ought to remember they’re wild animals.
- Lastly, you should not forget that they may charge and you shouldn’t panic in such a scenario. Instead just stay calm, crouch, and slowly look down. The gorillas also are at risk of disease transmission.
- Arrivals at park headquarters should begin as early as 6:30 am. Ensure you check in with your permit. Take your time also to mingle with fellow trekkers to become familiar with various gorilla rules.